Saturday, October 23, 2010

Hindu Sathya Sought the Lord of Truth and Found Christ

See, I am the Lord, the God of all flesh; is anything too hard for me?"(Jer 32:27)

Acts 16:31 says," Believe in Jesus, you and your family will be saved". Yes, God's words are true and effective. I stand as a witness to the truth of these words.  
My name is Mathew Sathya. I was born in a Hindu Brahmin family. My father was working in a bank. Things were going on well and I was very happy those days. Suddenly one day my father was placed under suspension. The matter was handed over to the police authorities and they referred it to the court. Since we could not establish our witness the case went against my father and he was sentenced to 3 years rigorous imprisonment. Immediately, we went on appeal to the High Court. So my father was on bail. During this time, because of financial constraints, I discontinued my studies and I went for a job in a private company. 

A Catholic girl gives The Bible to Sathya
There a Catholic girl gave me a copy of the Bible and for 3 years I read the Bible regularly. The following verses touched me deeply: "But strive first for the kingdom of God and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well"(Mt 6:33), "For the kingdom of God is not food and drink but righteousness and peace and joy in the Holy Spirit" (Rom 14:17); "God is able to provide you with every blessing in abundance, so that by always having enough of everything, you may share abundantly in every good work"(2 Cor 9:8). God's word changed my life completely and I received Baptism and became a Roman Catholic.
 
After my Baptism, my life took a new turn; I got a good job. So did my brother. I also got married. My sister's wedding, which was long overdue, was fixed up miraculously and she too was settled. All these things happened within 2 years in a wonderful manner.
 
My father's case which was pending for appeal in the High Court came up for hearing and again the judgement was against my father and the sentence was reduced to one year's rigorous imprisonment. After this judgement was passed by the High Court, I heard about Divine Retreat Centre, Muringoor and went to Divine for a week's retreat. On the second day Fr Mathew Naickomparambil, while celebrating the Holy Mass, announced that a person was praying for his father. The Lord was answering his prayer and his father would be saved miraculously from the court case.
 
After this retreat I came back home happily. Since the judgement of the High Court was against my father, he was sent to the Central Prison to serve one year's rigorous imprisonment. But the Remission rules of the Prison Manual were favourable to my father and on the very same day he was released.
 
Yes, my dearly beloved brothers and sisters in Christ, I believed in Jesus, my brother as well as I got a good job, my sister's marriage was settled, my father was saved from prison miraculously.
 
So the words, from Acts 16:31, "Believe in the Lord Jesus Christ, you and your family will be saved", became a reality in my life. Praise the Lord! Hallelujah! 

 
a personal testimony by,
Mathew Sathya, 9 A P.N.Street,  Chennai - 59, India


No comments:

Most Popular Spiritual Articles

Life after Death Experience - Fr Jose

Miracle of the Eucharist at Catholic Retreat - Real Presence of Jesus - Jesus is ALIVE

Our (Christ and i) Catholic Sites

Fr Augustine - Divine Retreat Centre - www.drcm.org

7 Indescribable Tortures in Hell - St Faustina