Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Divine Mercy Devotion - while there is still time

Do you wish to work with Love for love, with Mercy for mercy

Your help is urgently needed to spread the Message of God's Mercy and Love ... "while there is still time."

In this lifetime we may never know the many number of souls that will be saved by our simple act ;

in the next life, God's loving works  will be fully revealed and how our obedience to His call made a difference to His plan of salvation;

but nevertheless, while we're here in this momentary life on earth,  we know that the angels and the entire heavenly court rejoice the moment we say "YES" to God's call and we work to spread the Message of His Divine Mercy. 


PLEASE  ACT  NOW !  

Our Lord Jesus Christ said:  "Tell all souls about My Divine Mercy."

"Souls who spread the honour of My mercy I shield through their entire life as a tender mother her infant, and at the hour of death I will not be a judge for them, but the Merciful Saviour..." (1075-Diary of St. Faustina)


The Divine Mercy Devotion

Our Blessed Lord appeared to Saint Faustina and revealed His Divine Mercy for the world.
Here are some excerpts of conversations with the Lord from Blessed Faustina's diary.


The Image

"I am offering people a vessel with which they are to keep coming for graces to the fountain of mercy. That vessel is this image with the signature:"Jesus, I trust in You".

"Paint an image according to the pattern you see with the signature:" Jesus, I trust in you.

"I desire that this image be venerated, first in your chapel, and [then] throughout the world."

"I promise that the soul that will venerate this image will not perish."

"I also promise victory over [its] enemies already here on earth, especially at the hour of death. I Myself will defend it as My own glory."

The two rays denote Blood and Water. "The pale ray stands for the Water which makes souls righteous. The red ray stands for the Blood which is the life of souls.

These two rays issued forth from the depths of My tender mercy when My agonized Heart was opened by a lance on the Cross."



The Feast of Divine Mercy

"I want this image to be solemnly blessed on the first Sunday after Easter; that Sunday is to be the Feast of Mercy. On that day, the depths of My Divine Mercy will be open to all."

"Whoever will go to confession and Holy Communion on that day will receive complete forgiveness of sin and punishment. Mankind will not enjoy peace until it returns to My Mercy."

"Souls perish in spite of My bitter Passion. I am giving them the last hope of salvation; that is, the Feast of My Mercy."


The Divine Mercy Chaplet

"Oh, what great graces I will grant to souls who say this Chaplet; the very depths of My tender mercy are stirred for the sake of those who say the chaplet."

"Say unceasingly this Chaplet that I have taught you. Anyone who says it will receive great Mercy at the hour of death. Priests will recommend it to sinners as the last hope. Even the most hardened sinner, if he recites this Chaplet even once, will receive grace from My Infinite Mercy. I want the whole world to know My Infinite Mercy. I want to give unimaginable graces to those who trust in My Mercy."

"When they say this Chaplet in the presence of the dying, will stand between My Father and the dying person not as the just judge but as the Merciful Saviour"

"My daughter, encourage souls to say the chaplet which I have given to you."

 
The Novena

"On each day of the novena you will bring to My heart a different group of souls and you will immerse them in this ocean of My mercy ... On each day you will beg My Father, on the strength of My passion, for the graces for these souls."

"On the cross, the fountain of My mercy was opened wide by the lance for all souls---none have I excluded!"

"The greater the sinner, the greater the right he has to My mercy."


The Hour of Mercy

"At three o'clock, implore My mercy, especially for sinners; and, if only for a brief moment, immerse yourself in My Passion, particularly in My abandonment at the moment of agony. This is the hour of great mercy. In this hour, I will refuse nothing to the soul that makes a request of Me in virtue of My Passion."

"As often as you hear the clock strike the third hour, immerse yourself completely in My mercy, adoring and glorifying it; invoke its omnipotence for the whole world, and particularly for poor sinners; for at that moment mercy was opened wide for every soul. In this hour you can obtain everything for yourself and for others for the asking; it was the hour of grace for the whole world - mercy triumphed over justice."


The Acts of Mercy

"I demand from you deeds of mercy which are to arise out of love for Me."

"You are to show mercy to your neighbours always and everywhere. You must not shrink from this or try to excuse yourself from it."

"I am giving you three ways of exercising mercy toward your neighbour:
the first - by deed, the second - by word, the third - by prayer. In these three degrees is contained the fullness of mercy, and it is an unquestionable proof of love for Me. By this means a soul glorifies and pays reverence to My mercy."

"Many souls ... are often worried because they do not have the material means with which to carry out an act of mercy. Yet spiritual mercy, which requires neither permissions nor storehouses, is much more meritorious and is within the grasp of every soul."

"If a soul does not exercise mercy somehow or other, it will not obtain My mercy on the Day of Judgment. Oh, if only souls knew how to gather eternal treasure for themselves, they would not be judged, for they would forestall My judgment with their mercy"

 
What are the Works of Mercy?

Corporal Works of Mercy

    * Feed the hungry
    * Give drink to the thirsty
    * Clothe the naked
    * Shelter the homeless
    * Comfort the prisoners
    * Visit the sick
    * Bury the dead

Spiritual Works of Mercy

    * Teach the ignorant
    * Pray for the living & the dead
    * Correct sinners
    * Counsel those in doubt
    * Console the sorrowful
    * Bear wrongs patiently
    * Forgive wrongs willingly

No comments:

Most Popular Spiritual Articles

Life after Death Experience - Fr Jose

Miracle of the Eucharist at Catholic Retreat - Real Presence of Jesus - Jesus is ALIVE

Our (Christ and i) Catholic Sites

Fr Augustine - Divine Retreat Centre - www.drcm.org

7 Indescribable Tortures in Hell - St Faustina